Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
Purpose of position
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- To carry out assessments of clients Management Systems to ensure that they meet the requirements of International Standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 14064 series, PAS 2060, and other standards were appropriately trained.
- To provide expertise, produce surveillance and initial assessment reports and make recommendations for certification decisions.
- To promote the BSI product offering and solutions to our clients with the view of improving their business performance, managing risk, and Making excellence a habit
- Deliver public training courses and in-house training solutions to the BSI standards of excellence, in order to develop knowledge and skills
Act as a brand Ambassador for BSI. This means acting ethically, following company rules and promoting BSI services to clients so they are able to optimize business performance and Make Excellence a Habit.Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Assess client's Management Systems in accordance with the standards and relevant specifications and provide effective management of a portfolio of clients in carrying out assessments of their management systems so that they achieve, continue to meet, and if the client wishes ultimately exceed their scheme requirements.
- Assist Operation Team to liaise with clients and prepare the assessments and travel plans.
- Apply a risk-based approach to conduct and report the assessments, and to manage the results within the scheme, accreditation and BSI requirements, and other infractions in accordance with the requirement of ISO 19011
- Conduct necessary meetings and provide progress updates to clients on the conduct of pre-assessments / pre-visits, transfer audits, documentation reviews, initial assessments, continuing assessment, re-certification assessment visits, and results of findings. Review and verify the acceptance of the client's corrective & preventive action plans
- Ensure and manage the clients records and other related matters are properly dealt with to assure client satisfaction is maintained
- Lead assessment teams as required ensuring that team members are adequately briefed so that quality of service is maintained and that effective working relationships are sustained both with Clients and within the team
- Mentoring and coaching new or inexperienced colleagues as needed to meet the business needs
- Following the training plan developed by the Line Manager in order to reach assessor status and then Lead assessor status through the prescribed program (based on the audit and technical knowledge, skills, and experience they have as well as the requirements of ISO 19011). Participate in additional training based on future business needs
- Maintain and develop assessment skills and technical and management system standards knowledge
- Any other assignments as needed to meet assessment delivery to achieve business objectives
- Qualifications and/or equivalent industry experience in the required industry sector as determined by the resource planning requirements (e.g. IRCA qualified auditor in ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / ISO 45001)
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of any ISO14064 series and PAS 2060. An Experience in the industry as a Sustainability practitioner is preferred.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of how a business operates to ensure appropriate interpretation of management system standards.
- Demonstrate high-level interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels within a client/s organization and BSI.
- Proven negotiation skills to be able to negotiate technical issues when dealing with the client organization's management in relation to assessment findings.
- Excellent presentation skills, able to present assessment findings professionally and effectively, often through formal stand-up presentations to a group of senior managers.
- Energy and commitment to undertake the assessor role, which can be very demanding, working within different premises every day, being in front of the client, and constantly on the move.
- Learning ability to keep up with changes to business, industry, management thinking, and developing assessment styles.
- Possess IT skills and be conversant with basic packages including MS Word, the Internet, and e-mail, as well as the specific industry association reporting platforms.
- Strong written communication skills able to formulate clear, concise, and professional reports, explaining technical issues, within required timeframes. Effective communication through the written word is essential.
- Self-organization skills / self-motivated - operating from home and remote from any BSI office, the assessor needs to be able to manage their own workload to maximize self-effectiveness.
- Demonstrate thorough technical knowledge to be able to interpret the language of the Client organization.
- Demonstrates ability to coherently deliver training courses across the full spectrum of the delegate profile (boardroom to shop floor)
- Possess knowledge of individual learning styles and how to address these through the design and development of training courses through the use of accelerated learning techniques.
- Ability to design and develop training courses and materials to meet specific aims
- Proven administrative and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage customer expectations
- Understanding of development processes, training needs analysis, and training evaluation techniques
All the employees have the following responsibilities towards Environment, Health and Safety in addition to their roles and responsibilities defined for the purpose of job
- Understand, commit and follow the BSI Group Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) Policy
- Learn and follow safe working environment
- Undertake Suitable Training as communicated from time to time
- Report hazards, near miss and safety incidence
- Report environmental issues and incidence
- Follow Safety Rules including using Personnel Protective Equipment (PPEs)
- Participation in Hazard Identification
- Participate in the process of risk mitigation
- Participation in Accident Investigation
- Exercise the right to withdraw oneself from work if one feels it is unsafe working environment. Inform the respective line manager
- Contribute in achieving Environment, Health and Safety objectives
- Work in teams to make BSI a safe workplace
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.