- Understanding and analysing business needs to deliver solutions to the business
- Understand and verify Business Requirements
- Perform impact analysis
- Responsible for converting business requirements into functional specifications and ensuring solutions conform to business requirements
- Considers and defines the impact of technical change for business areas.
- Work with respective data experts, data sourcing teams and vendor subject matter experts
- On data analysis and mapping
- To create data requirement specifications based on the data mapping exercise.
- To Identify any data gaps in the data warehouses or TP systems
- Work with Finance Operations and Transformation (FOT), Capital CoE, Change CoE, Enterprise Change Governance, Group Finance and Risk and Countries on business requirements and enhancements
- Work with the businesses to prepare test strategy, test plans, test cases and conditions
- Oversee all testing (Product Acceptance Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing) and troubleshoot reported BCRS problems (e.g. data error and Basel calculation errors, etc).
- Liaise with Vendor and Business teams on testing, test results verification and production issues.
- Co-ordinate with BCRS Production Support team and Operations team on any production batch run problems that are data or business functions related.
- Work closely with Singapore, Malaysia and Chennai T&I (Technology & Innovation) teams to ensure that business required solutions are developed (in accordance with the bank&rsquos System Delivery Framework standards and processes) and delivered successfully.
- Ensure all Basel projects delivered are of high quality and accuracy fit for internal and regulatory reporting.
- Establish robust application on Basel Calculation Engine and Regulatory Reporting.
- Awareness and understanding of the bank strategies and deliverables.
- Work in close partnership with businesses on Capital projects.
People and Talent
- Familiar with System Delivery Framework (SDF) for project delivery.
- Understand business processes.
- Provide proactive self-orienting and self-motivating leadership.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Set expectations and work in collaboration with project and finance partners.
- Manage project risks with corresponding mitigation and contingency plans.
- Ensure that this role is managed in accordance with the defined views on policies and standards, and that issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as appropriate.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to appropriate committees.
- Ensure appropriate oversight and facilitate resolution of high impact risk and issue.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Support the management of the programme and project professionally and efficiently, closely tracking timeline commitments and action plans.
Our Ideal Candidate
- GCFO / Finance Operations and Transformation (FOT), Capital CoE, Group Finance and Risk and Countries.
Strong business analytical skills and strong communications skills (oral and written), people management, business requirements definitions, data analysis, functional specifications, test planning, functional testing, business training and post implementation support to business.
In addition, the resource should have
About Standard Chartered
- Strong project management skills with Basel II, III & IV exposure.
- Strong technical knowledge to understand the application, deliver solutions and be able to work with Development and Testing team.
- Advantage with Fermat CAD or Risk Authority (RAy) system knowledge and experience.
- Good understanding of Basel II & III, Risk Management and local regulatory guidelines (e.g. PRA, MAS, HKMA, CBRC, FSC, BNM, BOT, FSS, BaFin, SARB, CBUAE, etc).
- Familiarity with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and Scrum Master methodologies. Candidate had worked in at least 6 to 8 large projects.
- Knowledge and experience with a bank, similar financial institution or in a vendor environment supporting financial institutions
- Knowledge of the bank&rsquos Transaction Processing systems, data warehouses, and risk management related functionality.
- Minimum 6 - 8 years working experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in Risk Management and / or Risk Finance environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish good working relationships with people at all levels.
- Ability to share knowledge and work well in a team environment.
- Advanced proficiency with analytical tools to examine and analyze data.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a troubleshooting mindset.
- SQL knowledge is mandatory.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website