He should be able to understand and align to the bank&rsquos strategy and should be able to ensure that controls put in place do not become bottleneck in achieving the goals.
Assessments of critical processes within CPBB Operational Risk Framework
The incumbent will be responsible to effectively conduct risk management by understanding the processes and risk associated with Client Acquisition channels and Product Management. Will also need to highlight any potential risks that may pose a material risk to the Group
Regulatory & Business Conduct
RBI prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].Key Responsibilities:Embedding the Process Assurance Frame work The role holder would be responsible to regularly review and provide assurance with respect to the below stated:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Health and safety The role holder would be responsible for providing feedback to the Central Team with respect to on site conditions of Premises vis-à-vis the Health and Safety guidelines. This would require
- That the Sales Processes are in line with the Sales Manual.
- Regulatory, Operational Risks and Group Policies are enforced across the business units.
- Consistency of Organisation design across all sales units.
- Ensuring all sales units have documented and standardized Sales Operating Procedures. Standardized HR standards and policies approved by Legal and Compliance have been implemented across all the business units. This would involve having a consistent recruitment, training, performance management ,reward and recognition policies.
- Defining the MIS criteria and parameters for all sales units and the periodicity of tracking the same.
- Ensuring standardized process and templates are followed for all Client Experience MIS i.e. Compliant capturing, Misselling, call back processes etc.
- To work with the Head Assurance Client acquisition in ensuring rewards /penalties system are implemented based on SQ performance and also in embedding TCF.
Sales Reviews The role holder would be responsible for initiating reviews. This would involve
- Check for implementation of minimum Health and Safety Standards across premises.
- Raising any issues or gaps to the Head Assurance - Client acquisition
- Guide the sales teams to implement the H & S standards.
Control Sample Testing - Perform periodic CST checks of different Acquisition units .Ops Loss Reconciliation Reconciliation and submission of Ops loss figures to the stakeholders on a monthly basis.Fraud Reporting Timely reporting of the incidents to the regulators through FMR reporting tools. Maintaining of fraud MISRisk Management:
- Building a Review tracker for the entire year for all units.
- Ensure all stakeholders involved in the review are well informed and the reviews are conducted as per the guidelines.
- Audits The role holder would be required to conduct surprise audits to check for implementation of the process assurance framework and raise areas of concern to the Central office.
- Participate in the investigation / review of negative operational risk exposure (internal and external) as it arises.
- Identify new, thematic and potential risks. Providing operational risk and Governance advice through OR processes and adhoc reviews (Accountability reviews, Lessons Learnt reviews) at the unit level or participating in reviews driven by Group Business level based on thematic issues.
- To adhere to the Gifts & Entertainment policy.
- Responsible for Health, Safety & Environment responsibilities as laid out in the HSE Management System.
- The job holder must ensure he/she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention / CDD and is trained on the same. He/she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer / Line Manager . To ensure adherence on an ongoing basis to all requirements of CDD / ML as may be issued from time to time and adherence would be measured with respect to outcome of Group audits and any Assurance Reviews conducted.
Key Stakeholders and Relationships
- Responsible for providing guidance to the business on working towards an advanced MCA, driving improvements in year-on-year average MCA ratings
- With the guidance and support from Risk Owner and Process Owner, continuously identify and evaluate operational risks arising for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and drive the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks in country
- Responsible for mentoring Retail Banking Products and Segments staff.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with policies applicable to Retail Banking Products and Segments which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy if there is opportunity for improvement
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps, facilitate development of training on Operational Risk for the business
- Participate in periodic peer reviews, subject to business need, to ensure consistency of risk management approach and support the business in embedding best practices
- CPBB sales team,
- SORO, Business UORMs and responsible persons undertaking business monitoring in various units
- Managers in Group Business Operational Risk
- Operational Resilience Team
- Legal & Compliance
- IS & IT personnel (Local and Group)
- Training Manager(s)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Operational risk management, audit socialization, managing risk exceptions, compliance and financial frauds.
- Operational risk management and compliance initiatives.
- Interpretation of and consultations on regulatory requirements.
- System Implementation, enhancement, user requirements and reporting requirements.
- Coordinating operational risk, compliance and money laundering prevention training for staff.
- Audit and reviews.
- Inspection and regulatory requirements.
About Standard Chartered
- Minimum Graduate with relevant industry experience or Post Graduate
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website