A key priority for finance in 2022 is to move forward with a multi stream strategic planning agenda that will address some of the fundamental challenges and capability gaps that exist within the process today.
Planning has long been highlighted as a process that needs significant investment in SCB, however due to competing priorities in recent years has struggled to get the necessary investment to make material difference. However, in 2022 there is a mandate to move forward with critical changes that will act as enablers for finance&rsquos transformation journey and also improve the banks ability to make effective forward-looking decisions through the use of agile scenario planning capability.
This role requires strong leadership and project management experience, good techno functional design skills along with experience in implementing new technology platforms from design through into BAU. Strong business analysis skills, sound process definition experience, ability to learn and understand the functional areas and data requirements and good interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders across multiple locations are all preferred skillsets.
The first phase of the program has four key workstreams
Document Group Planning Strategy
Develop capability to support a Financial Plan on the new SAP infrastructure
- As part of program mobilisation a clear strategy will be documented that will be socialised across key stakeholder groups to align on priority areas and ensure there is strong top down support from management as the initiative progresses.
- With the transition away from management reporting onto an &ldquoF based performance management view in 2024 the planning process needs to also be aligned. This initiative will look to define the core requirements of the future F plan as the primary view, and subsequently integrate into the new SAP strategic infrastructure moving away from the current Oracle solution.
- A fundamental gap in finance&rsquos capability is the ability to run macroeconomic scenarios in an agile and automated way to effectively support management decision making and meet regulatory demands. This initiative will look to enable this capability using the new infrastructure, while also integrating where possible with the Stress Testing solution.
- One of the current pain points in the planning process is the apparent disconnect between Headcount and Cost forecasting. There are numerous reporting challenges with this across both Finance and HR and there is a keenness within the associated leadership teams that we are able resolve this through a strategic solution. As part of a future rollout of a new planning solution a workforce planning capability is one of the top priorities.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Understand the pain areas and support recommendations for a more efficient and effective end to end Group Planning process including technology related aspects.
- Required to support detailed design of the Strategic Planning solution.
- Support Detailed process documentation to align with system solution design.
- Support solution design through the relevant design and governance phases in preparation for system implementation.
- Engage with other change partners including technology / third parties to ensure design / Delivery issues are identified and resolved effectively.
- Support system readiness in preparation for testing cycles.
- Facilitate system testing and support user community through the UAT phases.
- Conduct solution impact assessment and support engagement with ACFO community through approval and acceptance phase.
- Support documentation of target operating model / process design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to focus on multiple initiatives and subjects at the same time.
- Risk and Issue management and resolution, ensuring they are correctly documented and actioned through to completion.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
About Standard Chartered
- 10+ years of experience working within financial services, preferably finance, performance management, Group Corporate Planning, Budgeting Restatement, Target setting and Forecasting processes and or change management responsibilities.
- Strong strategic mindset coupled with a thorough understanding of Planning processes in Banking Industry to drive change will be an added advantage.
- Core change management experience, with prior technology implementations preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile change environment.
- Experience in gathering and documenting business & functional requirements.
- Strong skills with core Business Analysis toolset and techniques.
- Sound understanding of finance technology toolsets and capabilities.
- Experience in transitioning new solutions into a BAU operational environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where candidate does not have direct authority and build on unstructured formative situations.
- Strong process management and reengineering skill set, including experience of system and process change initiatives.
- Experience in operating within large virtual teams and relationships across a complex network of stakeholders including senior management.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website