As a Business Analyst, the role will be responsible for aspects of operational readiness for project implementation like requirements management, analysis, and training.
The person will be liaising closely with various stakeholders, particularly with in country Wealth Management operations, function managers in various hubs and compliance. Business Analyst will be required to proactively engage with business departments to identify and define business requirements.
The job holder must not be constrained by a rigid job specification and be sufficiently experienced to be able to pick up additional duties as necessary.
Design and implementation
- Understand business process, business requirements of internal/external clients and provide optimum solution for their requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with business knowledge so that requirements can be clearly articulated and transformed into functional solutions.
- Ensures business solutions deliverables including requirements gathering, effort estimates, and functional specification are of quality and delivered on time through agile methodology.
- Works with other teams to ensure that their deliverables match the specifications and requirements. This includes working with design / interface / delivery teams for the detailed functional / technical design, testing teams for the definition of testing plans and scripts and supporting the UAT.
- Ensure that the business solutions plan fits into the overall project plans / country implementation.
- Identifies inter-dependencies with other systems / projects / teams.
- Reviews and monitors risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Manages business solutions or product management related communications between projects and project teams.
- Monitors issues and ensures that resolution is reached.
- Working closely with IT colleagues and business stakeholders for backlog delivery following agile methodology.
- Developing overall strategy and approach for functional, regression, performance and User Acceptance Testing.
- Development of testing strategies, approaches and test packs if required.
- Managing the definition of user acceptance criteria and sign-off.
- Working closely with scrum teams, technology, and country / group business teams to ensure timely delivery of the project and excellent quality of work.
- Identifying, collating, and analysing data to establish and quantify risk and issues.
- Establishing relationships and working with system and process owners to determine and document requirements.
- Assisting scrum team in designing and agreeing solutions to problems with the relevant stakeholders.
- Tracking requirements, change requests and defects through the agile delivery lifecycle.
- Supporting the production of the overall project or programme level business case.
- Managing business sign-off.
- Support implementation of Wealth Management and Affluent Strategy aspects which require action in Advisory and Client Engagement Tribe.
- Should have strong understanding of Wealth Management business and competition landscape, especially around products, process and regulations.
People and Talent
- Support implementation of Wealth Management Sales processes across Affluent business.
- Lead through example, be always available for the squad, building a culture of trust and togetherness.
- Collaborate with the squad and business stakeholders to create powerful outcome with a constant approach to improve never settle.
- Imbibe New Ways of Working and build a culture of continuous learning.
- Support the bank&rsquos principles on D&I while working with teams, hiring, coaching.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Design and build solutions that reduce risk in overall sales process.
- Ensure that new solutions meet high level of compliance and regulatory requirements for Wealth Sales processes.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Wealth Management Leadership team
- Consumer, Private and Business Banking regional / country teams
- Affluent Segment Leadership team
- Group Digital Solutions
- Chief Operating Officer - Global and Regional Wealth Management
- Technology and Innovation - Affluent and Wealth
About Standard Chartered
- Experience in operational processes in banking industry.
- Experience in Wealth Management processes will be an advantage.
- Good project management and business analysis skills experience relating to both process migrations and implementations.
- A clear understanding of project milestones and be able to effectively manage resources and prioritize their time accordingly to deliver those milestones.
- Ability to pre-empt and resolve problems, mitigate risks, and issues associated with program / project.
- Strong analytical skills and be a creative thinker, ability to analyse an issue and help develop multiple solution alternatives.
- Able to communicate effectively and confidently with colleagues of all levels of seniority, from different backgrounds and based in other (global) locations.
- Able to generate good project documentations, such as drafting user stories, presentation packs.
- Strong command of the English language and high level of proficiency.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website