TITLE Corporate Bank Technology - Core Banking & Payments - Engineer
About Corporate Bank Technology
Corporate Banking is a technology centric business, with an increasing move to real-time processing, an increasing appetite from customers for integrated systems and access to supporting data. This means that technology is more important than ever for the business.
Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, and the breadth of investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining the team is a unique opportunity to help rebuild the core of some of our most mission critical processing systems from the ground-up.
Our Corporate Bank Technology team is a global team of 3000 coders (and growing!) across 30 countries. The primary businesses that Corporate Bank support are Cash Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Trust & Agency Services. CB Technology support these businesses through CIO aligned teams and also by horizontals such as Client Connectivity, Surveillance and Regulatory, Infrastructure, Architecture, Production, and Risk & Control.
About Our Engineers
Our Engineers work on a diverse range of solutions using cutting-edge technology every day, including our award-winning platforms like Autobahn, Fabric, Glue, and more.
Our Technology strategy is designed to build new revenue streams and develop innovative ideas which produce a new competitive advantage for the Bank, whilst also fixing our foundations and focusing on the importance of stability and risk management. Corporate Bank Technology understands the client's needs and has a robust strategy and innovative approach to deliver.
About the Team
Core Banking: Core Banking and Client Statements has an end-to-end responsibility for application development and management of the respective application portfolio. The portfolio covers Core Products that GTB offers to its international clients like DDA/Cash Accounts, Core Banking, Liquidity, Payments Processing and Clearing and F/X payments globally. It is also the global cash settlement platform for all other business lines.
What You'll Do
As part of our global team you will work on various components as a Software Engineer. The Engineer for the Core banking and Payments area will focus on development and testing for Change the Bank projects from Asia Core Banking approved book of work - which will include regulatory changes, transformational programs or essential maintenance. The Engineer will involve in the provision of technical expertise into this key strategic project in design, analysis, coding and testing creating high quality software. The candidate must have worked on agile delivery projects with shorter sprint cycles.
Skills You'll Need
- Lead the team in Design and Development of CTB projects in PLCM (Payment Life Cycle Manager), strategic Payment processing system with services in Cloud.as well as IDMS(Core banking)
- Collaborate with teams and individuals across the applications to accomplish common goals
- Work with the team on functional and non-functional requirements, technical analysis and design
- Coding and testing, reviewing other team member's changes
- Finalize Architecture principles and Design patterns of Core banking and Payments system as well as new Strategic system in Cloud platform - Fabric.
- Advanced knowledge of Application, data and infrastructure architecture principles and design patterns
Success Factors for Engineers in CB Tech
- 15+ years experience in software development project, especially working experience in development, design, maintenance, and software improvement
- Experienced in effectively communicating with and positively influencing project stakeholders and team members
- Hands-on experience in building Micro services including writing Unit and Integration tests using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Stream, Hibernate 3.0, JPA, REST API and other relevant frameworks
- Working experience in Java
- Good to have knowledge in Kotlin
- Hands-on experience in Transaction Management using Spring.
- Hands-on experience in JMS and KAFKA
- Hands-on experience using cicdJenkins/TeamCity
- Hands-on experience in developing SQL Queries
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux
- Hands-on knowledge of Spring, Swagger/OpenAPI, Maven and Gradle
- Hands-on knowledge of modern WebUI technologies
- Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, OpenShift
- Hands-on experience using Server Grid, db-run
- Must have knowledge of end to end payment processing for various APAC payment schemes. Must understand the cross border payment processing.
- Good to have knowledge of IDMS, PLCM and awareness of the app landscape in APAC in DB.
- Proven ability to effectively assess and mitigate project risks and dependencies
- Good to have knowledge in Demand Deposit Account (DDA) & Payment product knowledge
- Relevant experience working in the Financial Services industry
What We Offer You
- Someone who sets the standard for excellence in their role as an engineer
- Talented individuals who are creative, innovative, and passionate about doing exciting and important work
- People who make wise decisions, despite ambiguity, be it people, technical, business, other
- People who treat others with respect at all times, independent of their status
- An engineer who considers quality as a priority, and think about the client whilst developing for our future
- High-value persons who have a desire make an impact
- Individuals who have a desire of self-improvement through experience, observation, introspection, reading and discussion
- Individuals who accomplish amazing amounts of important work
- Someone who seeks to understand our strategy, our business, the market and our clients
- A person who challenges assumptions when warranted and makes suggestions for better approaches
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Acident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
How we'll support you
Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- On-site cafeteria
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the EEO is the Law poster and pay transparency statement.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.