The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered (&ldquoSC) has prioritised digital transformation and disruption in the strategic objectives.
To support the Business lines with Cyber Security and Resilience, we are establishing a dedicated 1st line Information and Cyber Security (&ldquoICS) Centre of Excellence (&ldquoCOE). The COE will improve framework, controls, services, and products and continuously improve cyber security resilience and support the Business via their Heads of ICS.
The global utility will be established as a COE to maintain sustainable processes for all Business and Function ICS requirements, covering Change and Business as Usual (&ldquoBAU) aspects. It will also be pivotal in
- Sharing of best practice across the Business lines to urgently reduce risk
- Facing off to the Business / Function / Regional Head of ICS (&ldquoHICS) in support of their agenda across all ICS capabilities and requirements
ICS is a top priority, and this role offers the opportunity to contribute and learn in a fast paced and evolving environment.
This is a new role will report directly AVP, ICS CoE, will support the HICS community to manage the following ICS capabilities:
- Regulatory Exam
- Coordinate responses to regulatory exams with HICS
- Interface with all service providers including STS, Technology & Innovation (&ldquoT&I), Third Party Security Assessment (&ldquoTPSA), Resilience, CISO to accurately and efficiently complete reports
- Ensure remedial actions are prioritized into requirements
- Maintain an inventory of regulatory responses from the first line to expedite future responses
- Perform gap analysis between regulatory requirements and current SC control standards
- Agree SLAs with stakeholders and regularly report status, escalate slippages accordingly
- Face off to Regional / Business / Function HICS who are accountable for successful completion by providing regular status reporting
- Comply with the pre-submission review process for ICS regulatory obligation returns
- Maintain a forward-looking timeline of obligations and resource requirements
- Continuously seek to improve the process with stakeholders
- Other new / emerging ICS capabilities where applicable
Ensure Regulatory Compliance and Contribute to the ICS Risk reduction
- Laser focus on Customer centricity (including Client, Regulator and internal) to create long term value proposition for them,
Regulatory Engagement / Audit & Certification Support
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of e2e ICS regulatory commitments (including submission and non-submission),
- Effectively identify, assess, and manage the ICS risk by helping in establishing robust treatment plans to achieve risk reduction,
- Responsible for highlighting emerging risks, issues, blockages, challenges, and trends to VP,
People and Talent
- Driving End-to-End LRM Submissions, Non-submissions and Audits review,
- Driving Gap Assessment of Operating Effectiveness for past regulations (non-submissions),
- Support Regulatory Inspections for countries,
- Scope RFIs and review the quality of response from on-going submissions / Non-submissions for quality review managed by COE,
- Orchestrate complex organization wide gap assessments emanating from group regulators like Prudential Regulatory Authority, FCA, etc.
- ICS RFI support for Internal & External audits (e.g., Financial Audits),
Adopt Foundational ICS Controls
- Working in close collaboration with HICS, risk and control partners across all functions to effectively embed a strong culture of risk awareness and good conduct,
- Improve client centricity through increased delivery velocity,
- Spread and sustain a continuous improvement and innovation culture,
- Support a culture of diversity and inclusion to bring the best out of our people,
Deliver best in class change management including transition to New Ways of Working (NWOW)
- Mature the Bank&rsquos ability to proactively identify and manage cyber threats through implementation of robust, integrated risk framework (the ICS RTF and Threat Scenario Risk Assessment (TSRA) Standard),
- Support establishing governance to enable &ldquoSecure & Resilient by Design solutions, supporting the Group&rsquos cloud first and digital transformation agenda,
- Become the trusted cybersecurity advisor to Business, Functions, Regions, Countries to directly support the delivery of the Bank&rsquos ICS strategy,
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide opportunities to build the right mindsets, nurture our talent and develop capabilities as we adopt the New Ways of Working (NWOW) through QPRs/MPRs and agile delivery approach,
- Regularly identify and implement opportunities for efficiency (via A3s) across processes, systems, and infrastructure,
- Ensure standardisation and best practice migration across regions, segments, and functions by working closely with the HICS,
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Centre of Excellence team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Act responsively and within your authority Comply with laws, regulations, and group standards Be open and co-operate with regulators Protect confidential information Treat colleagues fairly and with respect .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional, Segment and Function HICS ISRO and CISRO team GIA, Business & Country Compliance teams Control owners in ET, CCIB, CSS etc Regulators (where applicable)
About Standard Chartered
- Someone with proven track record of managing Cyber Security related assessments for various countries, knowledge in Cyber Security and data privacy related concepts and relevant certifications e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, ISA, PCIP, CIPP etc will be preferred
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website