Experience in noise and vibration/ acoustics/ NVH/ non-acoustic signatures/ CFD/ Acoustics, structures, vibrations, CAD- (3D modelling a plus), MATLAB.
Qualifications: ME / M Tech (Preferred) in marine engineering/mechanical engineering/acoustics, or related field or BE/B Tech candidates with extensive experience and good mathematical/analytical skills may also apply.
Good knowledge and experience in following areas :-
- Acoustics, structures, vibrations, fluids, and data analysis (FFT)
- CAD- (3D modeling a plus)
- Engineering skills related to Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering
- FEA on Engine / Gear / Shaft mounting arrangements as well as hull/deck structures
- Noise and Vibration testing and analysis
- Isolation mounting design
- Modal analysis
- Acoustic prediction
- Thorough knowledge of Noise and vibration requirements of various Class (LR, IRS, ABS etc)
- Design assistance and supervision of Production activities during the construction and resolve technical issues.
- Work will involve
- Ensuring supplier's delivery is compliant with the ship Acoustics, Noise and Vibration requirements.
- Acoustics, Noise and Vibration engineering design support and assessment to the spatial and structural integration of equipment and distributed systems throughout the ship
- Support and undertake Acoustics, Noise and Vibration trials activities, as required to achieve qualification of equipment of the platform