About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group business strategy appropriate to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group or country operates.
People and Talent
- Ensure timely delivery of services relating to Capital CoE including Risk Weighted Assets results, Capital Regulatory Reporting (incl. COREP, Leverage Ratio, Capital Adequacy Reports, Pillar 3, Benchmarking, etc.), Risk Management Reporting, Local Capital Regulatory Reporting, and any other internal and external reporting requirements within the Basel I, II and III frameworks.
- Ensure timely delivery of Assurance relating to Risk Weighted Assets, all other internal and external capital regulatory reporting requirements within the Basel framework.
- Exercise right level of diligence, control and governance to comply with bank&rsquos Data Quality and Reporting Standards including those that are prescribed by the Basel and Regulatory Environment in which the bank operates.
- Responsible for stakeholder management, both internal as well as external to ensure consistency and promptness in service delivery.
- Take ownership for all delivery within the function or processes assigned, acting as a single point of contact for the services rendered.
- Develop strong functional content across Basel framework (Basel II and III), RWA Information & Capital Infra Functionalities and conduct trainings/share best practices across various teams and aim towards enhancing the analytical quotient in all reports submitted to the stakeholders.
- Be aware of the quality and operational control requirements, bearing in mind the expected data quality required for regulatory reporting in compliance to the standards set by the regulators.
- Disseminate the knowledge on existing as well as ongoing changes happening in the Regulatory Reporting area in an organized manner to the rest of the team members and bring them up to speed to perform the activities.
- Work towards continuous improvement to identify and implement opportunities to decrease process turn-around time and improve productivity.
- Managing excellent relationship through an established engagement model with all stakeholders with &lsquoThink Client Approach.
- Always have an eye for Process Improvements and Innovations with an objective to &lsquoSimplify, while still maintaining the value delivered.
- Have an attitude to create a Collaborative Team Environment with &lsquoHuman element to build the function for the long-term.
- The ability to interpret the Group or country capital reporting information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group or country arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group or country operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head, Capital CoE.
- Head, Group Regulatory Reporting.
- Head, Country Regulatory Reporting.
- Business Finance, Product Control Functions, GSAM.
- Other Finance and Risk functions.
- Finance Professionals (CA/CPA/MBA Finance) or Under-Graduation in Commerce/ Engineering + MBA (Finance) from a reputed institution. Risk Management or related Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of post-qualification experience covering Financial Reporting or Regulatory Reporting or Risk Reporting.
- Analysis experience in Bank&rsquos Finance unit having Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of banking products / Operations.
- Risk Management or any other related Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Domain skills on Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) Analysis & Reporting, Basel III Reporting/Regulatory Reporting, Credit Risk Analytics, Capital reporting.
- SQL working experience and knowledge in Moody&rsquos Systems will be an added advantage.
Visit our careers website