- Support and provide inputs to Line function, Fraud Risk Management for driving the operational model and implementing the strategic direction for the country.
- Develop and sustain a system for Fraud identification, monitoring, investigating in order to minimise fraud losses.
- Develop and implement processes for improving the quality of sourcing in the region. Conduct investigation into suspect fraud applications.
- Provide co-ordination and support of key processes across the country and ensure timely submission and collation of reports across regions.
- Provide System and information support to all regions.
- Prepare training modules of the process and manage the team activities/Operations on day to day basis.
- Approving and Escalation of any Fraud Investigation to Stakeholders and Management on time. Ensuring the end to end process is followed in completion of Fraud Investigation.
- Support in Internal Audits and reviews that are conducted.
- Ensure the Fraud Risk Management framework is effectively embedded and communicated across Retail Customers segment.
- Develop a proactive, independent, balanced and a fraud risk awareness culture within the organisation.
- Identify industry best fraud risk infrastructure and management practices are tabled and are considered for adoption within the country.
People and Talent
- Lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for the country for Fraud Risk Management.
- Manage and handle a team of around 5-6 members and deal with all the daily activities along with their trainings.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of fraud risk management processes.
- Strengthen the transaction processing activities of the region by recommending process/policy changes where applicable and through regular training of front-end staff and vendors.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely remedial actions and escalation of situations that pose significant risk.
- Ensure adherence to the Group&rsquos approach to the management of fraud risks, providing training/leadership where necessary to close gaps in understanding or adherence.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
- Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation.
- Ensure all IFD policies and procedures in the country comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
- Ensure various fraud risks are being actively prevented and detected in a timely manner on an end-to-end basis
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standards
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, while remaining within risk appetite.
- Ensure that effective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible fraud scenarios in the country.
- Recommend changes to the process control environment or to business practices, where necessary, to reduce the level of fraud risk exposure to within the agree appetite.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide oversight across fraud risk management team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct in the country fraud risk management team to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture
- Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews for the areas of work.
- Ensure compliance to Visa/ master card rules and regulations.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the[country / business unit / function/[team]to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group Office, Country Stakeholders
About Standard Chartered
- Market Knowledge: Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which Standard Chartered Bank operates.
- Business Strategy and Model: Awareness and understanding of Standard Chartered s Retail Clients business and that of peers in the industry.
- Risk Management and Control: The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to Standard Chartered Bank.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Fraud Risk Management through both directly-managed and virtual team
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Non-technical skills: - Strong written / oral communication and Analytical skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders.
- People Leader Be a people leader and have experience in handling a team and manage teams in building strong relationship. Good Understanding of the Team&rsquos risk profile with consistent review of indicators, processes and procedures.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website