The Role Responsibilities
- Champion consistent application of Department Operating Instructions (DOIs) and standard work across IMO & GBO teams
- Supports and contribute to a consultative, collaborative, and risk-based approach towards addressing identified risk issues
- Support the development of a local culture of open and transparent engagement with auditors and regulators across IMO & GBO teams
- Enhance IMO & GBO knowledge and embedding of risk management, governance, and reporting best practices
- Facilitate a &ldquozero operational loss and &ldquofirst time right culture by servicing as a subject matter expert in areas of responsibility
- Support regulatory and audit requests pertaining to IMO & GBO areas of responsibility
- Maintain good working relationships with various Business Units, Finance, Risk, Technology, and Operations community
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager
People and Talent
- Support the requirements and delivery of change initiatives / enhancements for IMO & GBO globally
- Engage with stakeholders across countries globally on requirements and deliverables
- Drive operational efficiency and effectiveness for processes managed
- Deliver subject matter expertise and support across audit, governance, and risk & control related BAU management, issues resolution, and escalations. Drives strict adherence to regulatory and governance requirements for the preparation of documentation, audit review materials, and governance artifacts across IMO & GBO
- Formulate comprehensive updates on IMO & GBO execution and governance updates to various senior Committees
- Monitor key metrics, executes periodic reconciliations, and manages operational governance requirements for IMO & GBO, such as training, user access controls, and HR job family structure
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA) are up-to-date and adhere to the Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy & Standards for contract initiation / renewals
- Management of IMO & GBO communication across intranet sites / bulletin boards (Bridge), email communication, newsletters, and announcements.
- Provide effective orientation /guidance to new Joiners on the bank&rsquos policies/procedures/processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Channel relevant risks, issues, and escalations to the correct forums on a timely basis provide risk control and process owners the relevant information to facilitate decision-making and risk management
- Support the development of a compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring through the Operational Risk Framework
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
- Ensure all activities are done in line with the laid down Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) / Roles & Responsibilities and other procedures that are rolled out from time to time. Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations
- Ensure all internal policies and procedures are implemented with the group policies, local legal and regularity guidelines
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the team and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Build awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Deliver &lsquoeffective governance capability to challenge fellow colleagues effectively and willingness to work with regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Financial Crime PreventionThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CCIB COO teams
- GBO Heads
- IMO Country Heads
- IMO Regional Heads
- IMO & GBO Network Globally
- Global / Country CCIB Business / Front office
- CCIB HR
- GBS Hubs
- CFCC Global / Regional
- CCIB Risk Committees
- Group Internal Audit
- CCIB Operational Risk
- Client Lifecycle Design & Management (CLDM)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embedding Here for good and the Group&rsquos brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
About Standard Chartered
- Meticulous with a good eye for detail
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines
- Excellent written & oral communication skills in English
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders
- Ability to engage effectively with senior management
- Sound knowledge of risk governance frameworks & processes
- Analytical / critical thinking skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website