About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesBusiness
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevants business area and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region / country), in coordination with group communications.
- Regularly engage with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, and address their concerns.
- For technical roles, write production quality code. Adhere to the best practices in coding like following PEP-8 standards, writing unit tests, etc.
People and Talent
- Perform threshold tuning / retuning for detection scenarios and risk indicators across products such as CASA, Trade, CC, SS and FM.
- Perform segmentation of customers as per the Global Segmentation Model in force at SCB.
- Perform reconciliation of detection scenarios and risk indicators across products such as CASA, Trade, CC, SS and FM.
- Perform Adhoc / bespoke analysis (Impact Assessments) based on requests from CFCC stakeholders within the group / regions / country and CFCC teams.
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Ensure staff have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
- Apply risk and data analytic tools / techniques to optimise and tune relevant detection scenarios, and screening and monitoring systems.
- Review and assess existing system and controls relevant to FCC to ascertain operational performance and effectiveness.
- Align / support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML Monitoring) to manage risks.
- Ensure that detection scenarios that are developed and deployed are fit-for-purpose.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Attend relevant team and leadership meetings.
- Ensure tracking and remediation of surveillance and investigations related regulatory findings.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct (GCoC).
Lead the function / team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles.
- Fair Outcomes for Clients.
- Effective Operation of Financial Markets.
- Financial Crime Prevention.
- The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business and Segment FCC Staff
- Country FCC Heads
Our Ideal CandidateEducation
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Post Graduate degree in Management / Statistics / Mathematics or Graduate degree in Engineering from a reputed institution.
- Upto 3 - 5 years in the area of analytics and modeling using statistical tools and packages.
- Any experience in Banking and Financial Crime would be an added advantage.
Analytics / Statistics / Quantitative Skills
- Must be a quick learner, willing to learn any technology that might be required to complete the task.
- Exposure and experience to monitoring systems such as DETICA and MANTAS.
- Knowledge / Experience with Big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge / Experience in Machine learning algorithms / systems.
- Certification from the ACAMS - Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving expertise.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent collaborative and team building skills and a desire to work as a part of a high functioning team of financial intelligence specialists.
- Experience in statistical modelling, and analysis using techniques such as regression analysis, multivariate analysis, factor analysis, and clustering.
- Good problem solving abilities, ability to work independently and proactively and possess good communication skills.
- Eager and enthusiastic to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Profieciency and hands on experience of any of the programming solutions including SAS, SQL, R, Python, PySpark, HQL, etc.
- Good knowledge of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 and HaaS (Hadoop) with experience with SQL / HQL scripting.
- Exposure to Unix / Linux Systems.
- Familiarity with basic software development productivity tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
Visit our careers website