- Deliver our network
- Grow our affluent business
- Optimise low-returning markets
- Improve productivity
- Transform and distrupt with digital
People and Talent
- To deliver service / reports to Country Stakeholders/clients in accordance with requirement and timeline as agreed in Services Level Memorandum and ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- To ensure accurate calculation and posting entries in relation to valuation including management fee, expenses, performance fee&hellipetc in accordance with Service Level Memorandum, and as appropriate the Fund Offering Memorandum and related documents such as fund&rsquos SLM.
- To ensure accurate capturing of trades / prices / Corporate Actions/ FX rates data and relevant accounting entries for the purpose of providing accurate Net Asset Value calculation.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of full accounting and client records of several investment funds books including general ledgers, cash positions, distribution records, investment records and pricing records of investments and support in fund administration related matters, such as recording and processing transactions, obtaining and verification of relevant documentation thereof and ensuring that investments are correctly recorded and priced, and accounted for Purchase and sale of listed or unlisted securities, Corporate Actions, Forward FX deals, OTC deals (Swaps, Options etc) and relevant accounting entries for the purpose of providing accurate Net Asset Value calculation.
- Perform detailed review of the reports to CPC/clients including: Verification trades to relevant supporting, Ensure valuation of investments being checked to third party sources, Ensure appropriate accounting for complex investment, Ensure compliance with internal investment restrictions, external regulations and international accounting standards, if applicable. Identify issues and report to senior/supervisor with suggested solutions.
- Responsible for fundamental cash monitoring for the assigned clients, i.e. monitoring cash positions of clients and prepare cash projection reports.
- To be responsible for daily activities, cash & trade reconciliation.
- Preparing Portfolio Valuations, investment compliance reports or other reporting, as required.
- To calculate the Net Asset Value (on a daily, weekly, monthly or other basis as agreed) and deliver service / reports to CPC/clients in accordance with requirement and timeline as agreed in Services Level Memorandum.
- To ensure proper and accurate calculation and posting of management fee, expenses, performance fee&hellipetc in accordance with Service Level Memorandum, and as appropriate the Fund Offering Memorandum.
- Recording and disbursing dividends either by payment or re-investment.
- Calculating and disbursing payments of fees to the investment manager/advisor, custodian, administrator and other service providers as required.
- To ensure fund administration services fees are settled by the client on timely manner.
- Communicate with CPC and other relevant parties on daily operational issues (under appropriate supervision of Senior/Manager) and regular services review.
- To liaise with internal customers/stakeholders and senior team members to ensure completion of complex or exceptions-based process actions.
- To ensure clear and smooth communication with Fund Accounting Team, Transfer Agency Team, Fund Compliance Team, Custody Team and other operations team for timely updating / maintenance of client records.
- To support Assistant Manager/Manager/Senior Manager, handle and delivery assigned ad hoc project within the deadline.
- Manage and avoid risks to clients, Bank / Group by ensuring prompt and accurate reporting to clients / management, timely rectification and / or monitoring of any discrepancies.
- To provide accurate statistics relating to Key Risk Indicator (KRI) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to help measuring and meet division objectives.
- To drive Process efficiency and initiatives
- To conduct RCA and focus on reduction of repeated errors
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- To ensure all control/operating procedure and documentations are properly followed.
- To ensure compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Guidelines.
- To keep track of changes (internal and external) affecting Clients and communicate such changes along with impact analysis, on a pro-active basis, through newsflashes, market insights, operations guides and through other routine communication.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- To deliver in class service in accordance with established procedures, regulations & laws to protect client interest and to exceed client expectations.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- SSO Management team in HUB, Group and Country.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in SSO,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- To monitor if all the cut-offs have been met with.
- To ensure that the DOI&rsquos are updated whenever procedures change.
- To have control over pending instructions and follow up for the same.
- To track / report and escalate errors and volumes on a daily basis.
- To plan effective resourcing of staff to handle high volumes during peak time.
- To ensure staff follow all control measures and implement any new control as required.
- Compliance with the Departmental Operating Instructions manual and within the Timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed for the Processes from time to time.
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies.
- Carry out all back-up related activities and support other sites and processes as and when suggested by line manager.
- To manage risk and compliance in the processes and put in controls to maintain the same by maintaining low error rate.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
- Carry out tasks and projects as required by the Line Manager from time to time.
- Adhere Group code of Conduct as specified in the Group policies.
5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in the following areas:
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of fund administration services including fund valuation Mutual / Hedge funds and offshore private funds
- Good attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and able to handle variety of fast changing situations in terms of work pressure and clients requirements
- Strong communication, client servicing and problem solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to adapt these to work with both external and internal clients
- The ability to adhere to established procedures but also to think proactively and to communicate suggested procedural changes
About Standard Chartered
- MS Office tools Advanced
- Multifonds / Other Accounting Tools Advanced
- Frontier / TLM Reconciliation Toolks Entry
- Other Certifications on Capital Markets like NSE , NISM Advanced Advanced
- Project Management Entry
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website