The Role Responsibilities
Deliver best-in-class transaction banking products to meet clients and business needs globally. This role manages the product development for our Cash Management Product Platforms and also looks into ongoing enhancements and development of the platform.
In this role the individual acts as Product Owner, responsible for leading an agile squad to deliver solutions to meet our changing business and client requirements, aligned with product vision and roadmap in partnership with Global, Regional & Local Product Managers, Global Service & Client Implementation Teams, Global Technology and Operations.
Lead the agile team as Product Owner to deliver the product build roadmap to support the business growth and strategy.
Responsible for developing Business Requirements:
- Work with our Product, Service & Client Implementation and Operations teams to document business requirements for new products and platforms or for enhancements to existing products and processes.
- Work with Business Analysts to interpret business requirements for technical teams and assist them in requirements understanding and finalise on User Stories. Translate technical alternatives and solution plans to business teams and assist business teams in understanding the impact.
- Develop product delivery roadmap align with product/ sales commercialisation strategy.
Responsible for quality delivery of Product projects as per agreed scope, budget & timelines
- Gain in-depth understanding of business processes to articulate use-cases/user-stories for identifying features/capabilities for the identified platforms.
- Review and signoff on the user-stories prepared by Business Analysts teams
- Defining operating model and client implementation procedures in conjunction with Operations, Client Implementation teams, Client Service Group and Technology partners
- Monitoring the implementation of the end-to-end delivery of product projects & milestones
- Managing User Acceptance Test and Production Verification runs.
- Perform executive program reporting develop program work plan
Responsible for successful platform rollouts to countries
- Ensuring successful product implementation post technical implementation
- Ensuring adequate training and knowledge transfer to in-country users
- Support pilot client implementation
- Plan and manage client migration
Responsible for annual platform review
- Managing the annual platform and related channel partner upgrade projects
- Continuous process improvement to update platforms to improve operations flexibility and business relevance
- Forward planning for pipeline initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate
- Maintain regular connect and engagement with key stakeholders periodically to refine backlog lead the team to work towards optimising the product value based on continuous feedback.
About Standard Chartered
- Degree in Business or equivalent disciplines. Degree in Information Technology is an advantage.
- Prior experience on Payments Product is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ISOXML 20022 formats for Cash Management
- Good understanding of API and how these are used in the Banking sector
- Strong Product management, Project management, and analytical problem-solving skills and use of relevant tools
- Solid product management experience in implementing medium-large scale product enablers and platforms in the transaction banking area and across multiple countries.
- Good knowledge of global cash management practices
- Ability to work to tight timelines and at the same time produces a quality deliverable.
- Ability to engage stakeholders within business, operations and technology.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- 7+ years of banking experience
- CertICM Certification is better
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website