S&P Global Platts
The US/Canada Corporate Ratings Practice has an opportunity for a new Sector Lead role which will encompass the investor interest area of Autos (including Commercial Vehicles) as well as the rapidly growing Business and IT Services coverage.
As an analytical leader, you will play an active part in raising the external profile of the Autos and Business & IT services teams. You will among other things drive the research and outreach in this space
What's in it for you:
- You will get to work in a dynamic team environment with a team of professionals across both sectors and practices. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading financial companies in the world. The position is for a senior analytical leader in IT Services. The key aspects of the role are:
- Strong analytical leadership across a board and team management areas
- Ability to work productively across multiple teams and Tech Leads
- Demonstrate the appropriate leadership behaviors that other team members can emulate
- Demonstrated market engagement skills
What We're Looking For:
- Employee data and contacts
- Hiring details & open positions
- Vendor contacts & hiring process
- Onboarding process
- Policies & procedures
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Strong desire to build out our research and outreach capabilities in these sectors
- Excellent client and market knowledge as well as ability to contribute to the continued development of the S&P Global Platts.
- Have demonstrated strong communication skills that will be necessary to build-on and manage relationships with key local clients and influencers, and develop new relationships as part of market outreach activities
- Ability to work with large data sets that will form the basis of analytics and reports
- Demonstrated strength of understanding of S&P Global Platts analytical methodologies
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and multitask
- Strong team player - the ability to think locally and work globally in a collaborative and multicultural work environment is critical
- Ability to think independently and critically, and have an eye for innovation opportunities
- Keen ability to coach and mentor others in a complex fasting moving environment
- 12+ years of significant experience in web development using C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC and Web API OR java/j2EE
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Substantial experience using any of the Java script packages such as AngularJS, Knockout.js, jQuery, Ember.js
- Confirmed grasp of relational database concepts
- Work experience using a relational or noSQL database such as SQL Server, Oracle
About Company Statement:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- Experience in cloud native development and AWS is a big plus
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)