- To effectively monitor and review allocated portfolio so as to ensure successful recoveries with the objective of minimizing Net Credit Loss.
- Negotiate & collect overdue amount from delinquent customers
- Ensure amounts collected from the customer are deposited in the branch within the specified timeline
- Ensure feedback from collection activity is properly updated in CACS
- Adherence to Code of Conduct at all times.
- Timely reporting of service issues to the supervisor
- Follow all related procedures/documentation wherever applicable
- Timely completion of all training requirements annual refreshers, e-learnings, product refreshers etc.
- Closure of all customer escalations within applicable TAT
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
- Ensure full awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention. He / she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take responsibility to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer and must be responsible for overall awareness, adherence and implementation of the Group AML Standards and Country KYC policies.
- Establish a culture and systems and controls to ensure that the businesses operate according to higher standards of regulatory and compliance practices as defined by requirements including local banking laws and anti-money laundering guidelines as part of developing a culture of good compliance
- Policy Team
- Credit Initiation / Credit Operations
- Auditors: For Audit and Reviews
- Regulators: Inspection and Regulatory requirements
ADDENDUM TO JOB DESCRIPTION
The Job holder must ensure he/ she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention. He / she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer and must be responsible for overall awareness, adherence and implementation of the Group AML Standards and Country KYC policies. Establishing a culture and systems and controls to ensure that the businesses operate according to higher standards of regulatory and compliance practices as defined by requirements including local banking laws and anti-money laundering guidelines as part of developing a culture of good complianceOur Ideal Candidate
About Standard Chartered
- Graduate with 2-4 years of experience with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Good communication skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website