About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Looking for a Technical expert on Card Scheme Settlement technology.
- Knowledge of Visa / MasterCard Interchange and clearing processes.
- Knowledge of Visa / MasterCard Settlement banker processes and its back-office accounting.
- Knowledge on Visa Integrated Billing System / MasterCard Consolidated Billing Settlement processes and its back-office accounting.
- Hands on experience in Visa and MasterCard Settlement reports and its back office General Ledger posting.
- Perform in depth technical BAU application support in Settlement Systems which includes reconciliation of Credit /Debit card transactions and other MIS related support.
- Experience in Testing Process and hands on Testing.
- Experience in Microsoft Structured Query Language (MSSQL).
- Strong design and programming knowledge using either C/C++ on Unix/Linux environment, Unix Shell Scripting.
- Manage incidents, problems, changes, of varying complexity adhering ITIL standards.
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency and own through to implementation.
- Participate in the bank wide DR tests and bi yearly DR failovers.
- Work closely with UNIX/Database/Network/ Infrastructure teams on stability improvement programs or general improvements to the environments.
- Diverse Experience in Stakeholder Management.
- Experience in Vendor Management (VMgmt).
- Manage open risks and audit points through to closure.
- Perform risk reviews of the environment and raise new risks where/when applicable.
- Manage escalations to development and the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization.
- Track incidents and provide regular updates to users on status and progress.
- Manage/coordinate recurring issues and ensure long-term resolution.
- Managing team members, cross training and skillsets improvement program is added plus.
- Experience in banking or financial services industry is an advantage.
- Bachelor/Master Degree with 10+ years experience within a Retail Card Operation Domain.
- At least 10 years experience of working with any of Scheme Settlement projects / related production supports.
- Methodology Skills Agile, DevOps added Plus.
- Strong team player and stake holder management with good communication skills.
- Strong POS & ATM Acq experience, Terminal experience is very much required as this role requires support of terminals and patching as well.
- Experience to Cyber Security threats and Vulnerability fixes are huge plus.
- Technically sound in any of the scripting language Java, C++, Python, Shell Scripting.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbally.
- Self starter/motivator and ambitious.
- Senior stakeholder engagement and management experience.
- Good presentation and communication skill.
Visit our careers website