About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
As a ABAP Developer you will provide technical support and establish standards on getting requirements from the functional team.
Role and Responsibilities
- . Develop the solutions and enhancements and implement solutions for performances and ensure standards in design and implementation.
- . Be part of the process for project requirements, design, developments, and testing.
- . Act as technical COE to govern the modifications towards high standards and ensure no operational impact during transportation of objects.
- . Manage Critical issues to handle in a quick turnaround time to ensure business continuity by providing technical fixes
- . Deliver all RICEFS on given project timelines.
- . Develop SAP technical architecture requirements and specifications to ensure the system meets corporate standards.
- . Understand and document technical requirements, and perform knowledge transfer
- . Work within a group of ABAPs consultant(s) and coordinate work with other module leads/consultants
- . Be part of upgrade requirements and overall road map preparation and execution.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible implementation Security designs
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- SAP Development Hub Lead
- Head of Aspire Core Finance
- Delivery Leads in Core Finance
- Tech Leads in Aspire
Visit our careers website